As valued members of the film industry, we are honored to invite you to the first Film Workers Summit on August 30-31, 2017 (9 AM to 6 PM) at the UP Film Institute, UP Diliman. Quezon City. The Summit is an opportunity to explore the inner workings of the industry and an open platform to identify the challenges of film workers and the gaps that need to be addressed. This will serve as the foundation forthe drafting of agendas to be presented to our legislators and the drafting of the Magna Carta for Film Workers.
Among the topics to be discussed include:
- Creativity vs. Commerce: Film Industry as Creative Industry
- Workers' RealTalk: Working Conditions in the Film Industry
- Your Service Providers: Social Services for Film Workers
- Agencies 101: Film-Related Agencies
- Let's Talk Legal: Contracts, Agreements, and Disputes
- Developing Film Workers: Spotlight on FDCP
- The Launching of the Magna Carta for Film Workers (MCFW)
- Breakout Sessions for the Drafting of 10-point Agenda to Address the Specific Sectors
- Presentation of Agendas to Legislators
The Summit is open to all film workers free of admission. Lunch and snacks will be provided. We hope that you can attend it and share your experiences and insights with us on professionalizing our industryand taking care of our workers.