Memorandum 5: Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines
May 08, 2020
Relative to updates from the national government regarding community quarantine in the country, FDCP hereby adopts updated guidelines for the audio-visual industry and community.
1. Related Issuances. These guidelines are pursuant to Presidential Executive Order No. 112 and the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Resolution No. 30 which imposed an Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and General Community Quarantine (GCQ) on different areas of the country from May 1, 2020 12:01 AM to May 15, 2020, 11:59 PM and the Department of Trade and Industry Memorandum Circular No. 20-22 specifying the business establishments or activities allowed to operate in areas declared under ECQ and GCQ.
2. Coverage. The following locations have been placed under Enhanced Community Quarantine:
a. National Capital Region, including Metro Manila
b. Region III (Central Luzon), except Aurora Province
c. Region IV-A (CALABARZON)
d. Benguet Province
e. Pangasinan Province
f. Iloilo Province
g. Cebu Province
h. Bacolod City
i. Davao City
j. San Jose, Occidental Mindoro (Executive Order No. 61, Series of 2020)
A General Community Quarantine is imposed in all other areas of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
3. For Audio-Visual Companies and Workers in the Workplace and Offices
a. For ECQ locations, workplaces and offices must be closed and work-from-home and alternative work arrangements must be observed.
b. For GCQ locations, offices will only be allowed to operate at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) work-on-site arrangement with the rest adopting a work-from-home or alternative work schemes.
4. For Audio-Visual Companies and Workers in Production Shoots
a. For ECQ locations, all production shoots, including for film, television programs, and other audio-visual contents will be suspended.
b. For GCQ locations, production shoots, including for film, television programs, and other audio-visual contents will only be allowed to operate at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) work-on-site arrangement. Further guidelines shall be issued by the FDCP upon approval of the recommendation sent to DOH and IATF.*
* Note: Production shoots are discouraged until final guidelines have been issued by the agency.
5. For Audio-Visual Companies Workers in Animation and Post Production
a. For ECQ locations, operations will be suspended and work-from-home and alternative work arrangements must be observed.
b. For GCQ locations, offices will only be allowed to operate at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) work-on-site arrangement with the rest adopting a work-from-home or alternative work schemes.*
*Note: Further sector-specific guidelines for GCQ locations shall be issued by FDCP upon approval of the recommendation submitted by the agency to DOH and IATF-EID.
6. Film Screenings and Exhibitions. All cinemas, theaters, and entertainment establishments involved in film screenings and exhibitions shall not be allowed to operate until further notice.
7. Drafting of Sector-Specific Guidelines. Pursuant to Administrative Order No. 2020-015 of the Department of Health, FDCP shall be collaborating with the sectors of the audio-visual industry to develop the sector-specific guidelines that will be adopted by the industry for the resumption of operations.
8. FDCP Operations. The FDCP shall continue to adopt a work from home setup for all its employees for the rest of the period of the ECQ. Hence, the FDCP Office will be closed and will not receive documents until further notice. All transactions and communication shall be taken online. (See attached directory of FDCP Divisions).
9. Repeal. Previous Memorandum Orders, regulations, and issuances or parts thereof which are inconsistent with this Order are hereby repealed, amended, and modified accordingly.
10. Effectivity. This Order shall take effect retroactively from May 1, 2020.
See signed document below: