- Czech Republic Docu Fest Features the Philippines as Country in Focus in 2022
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, DECEMBER 6, 2021 — One of Europe’s leading documentary film festivals spotlight the Philippines for the upcoming Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival (IDFF) in Jihlava, Czech Republic, in 2022.
- FDCP Opens Call for Emerging Producers to Attend Rotterdam Lab 2022
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, DECEMBER 3, 2021 — The Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) is offering an opportunity for budding producers to attend the international training and networking workshop Rotterdam Lab online of the 51st International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) in the Netherlands from January 24 to 28, 2022.
- Alien Cat Plots New Plan to Conquer Planet Earth on Final ‘Heneral Tuna’ Episode on FDCP Channel
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 29, 2021 — After spending a substantial amount of time on Planet Earth learning and experiencing the culture of the “earthlings,” Heneral Tuna plots a new evil plan to successfully take over the planet in the last episode of “Heneral Tuna” on the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) Channel.
- FDCP, DFA to Hold Film Festival Tribute to National Artist Kidlat Tahimik
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 26, 2021 — To honor the invaluable contributions of National Artist for Film and Broadcast Arts Kidlat Tahimik to the development of independent Philippine Cinema, the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) and the Department of Foreign Affairs’ (DFA) Public and Cultural Diplomacy arms will hold free screenings and a talkback session on November 28 to December 8.
- Sine Kabataan Short Film Lab and Festival Returns with P100,000 Production Grant Each for Ten Youth Short Film Projects
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 23, 2021 — Following the success of the recently concluded 4th Sine Kabataan Short Film Competition last September, the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) is holding an open call for story concepts from young filmmakers starting November 19, 2021 for its fifth edition.
- France's International Program Produire au Sud Puts a Spotlight on PH Cinema on its 20th Anniversary
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 22, 2021 — The Produire au Sud (PAS), the international training program designed for young directors and producers from Africa, Latin America, and Asia, and the professional side of the Festival des 3 Continents (also known as the Three Continents Festival), with the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) as its official partner, presents one film and one film project representing the country in the festival from November 20 to 26 in Nantes, France.