LATEST NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- New Added Features and Brand New Look for FDCP Channel Streaming Platform
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 19, 2021 — To further promote ‘edutainment’ on its streaming platform and make it more accessible to local and international audiences, the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) upgrades FDCP Channel’s website with additional features.
- 3 Filipino films competing in the prestigious Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 15, 2021 — On its 25th year, Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival (PÖFF) selected three films from the Philippines to participate in its film festival happening in Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia which started last November 12 and will conclude on November 28, 2021.
- DTI issues guidelines on reopening of entertainment and leisure venues: Cinemas to re-open at 50% capacity as NCR shifts to Alert Level 2
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 11, 2021 — Metro Manila eases into Alert Level 2 allowing maximum 50% indoor venue capacity for entertainment and recreational establishments from November 5 to November 21, 2021, backed by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) issued minimum public health standards and protocols.
- It’s More Fun to Film in the Philippines: FDCP Goes to the American Film Market 2021
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 4, 2021 — The Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) is currently at the American Film Market (AFM) 2021, which started November 1 and will culminate on November 5, 2021. As part of the AFM’s official events and activities for this year, the FDCP, through UniPhilippines and the FilmPhilippines Office, hosted a panel discussion about the opportunities available for international partnerships with the Philippines.
- Alien Cat Discovers Diverse Filipino Culture in Upcoming ‘Heneral Tuna’ Episode on FDCP Channel
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, NOVEMBER 4, 2021 — The animated series “Heneral Tuna” by Avid Liongoren of Rocketsheep Studio with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) will release its fourth episode “Ang Pancit Hiraya” on the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) Channel on November 5 at 7 P.M.
- Four Filipino Films Hold its World Premiere at Tokyo International Film Festival
Award-winning director Mikhail Red’s "Arisaka" and the multi-awarded filmmaker Brillante Mendoza’s "Resbak" will compete in the Main Competition section of the festival that showcases feature films from around the world, where both films will have their world premiere. "The Brokers" by Daniel R. Palacio will have its world premiere in the Asian Future section, and Mendoza’s "Gensan Punch" will screen in the Gala Selection for its Japanese premiere in TIFF.