Cine Lokal was launched in April 2017 together with the Office of the President as a new set of cinemas that features independent and award-winning films in select SM Cinema branches in Metro Manila.
With the goal towards audience development and film appreciation, Cine Lokal is also a venue for award-winning art films and other foreign firms which help widen their exposure and their reach to local viewers.
It is also an opportunity for film producers to learn more about distribution and marketing of their firms.
Film Development Council of the Philippines is an agency under the Office of the President of the Philippines mandated to promote and support the development and growth of the Philippine Film Industry.
Our mission is to make Philippine Cinema the preeminent instrument for the enrichment of Filipino culture and the articulation of the Filipino identity and make Philippine Cinema a constant stimulus to self-awareness and social responsibility among all sectors of society.
- To showcase independently produced films
- To provide producers with the platform to showcase their context
- To provide a wider theatrical release in major cinemas
- To attract new audiences
Film Development Council of the Philippines, in partnership with SM Cinema will be having its own programming in 8 SM Cinemas listed below:
- SM MALL OF ASIA
- SM NORTH EDSA
- SM MANILA
- SM FAIRVIEW
- SM MEGAMALL
- SM STA.MESA
- SM BACOOR
- SM SOUTHMALL
Company grants FDCP the rights to exhibit “FILM TITLE” in CINE LOKAL theaters for a scheduled run starting on (date of screening) with Four (4) to Five (5) screenings a day (time of screening). A secured 2-day screening from Friday and Saturday will be given. After the second day, the assignment of theaters from the original eight (8) will depend on the daily total gross average (must reach an average of five thousand pesos (P5, 000.00) in the cinemas). This will be the basis of assignment for the remaining days of the Cine Lokal week. The Termination Date for this Term Sheet shall be agreed upon by both parties.
Filmmaker will receive 50%, SM will receive 40% and FDCP will receive 10% of the net profit for the scheduled run of the movie. The maximum ticket price is Php. 150.00 but may vary according to the status of the movie during its exhibition. Net profit as used herein is understood as the total profit after deduction of the following expenses, the amount of which shall be agreed upon by the parties: Cultural Tax, Amusement Tax and 5% Expanded Withholding Tax.
FDCP shall provide the following services: employees
- Delivery and Ingestion. FDCP shall deliver and ingest the DCP MAINPIC to the eight (8) CINE LOKAL CINEMAS at least TWO (2) weeks before the actual exhibition of the movie.
- Booking. FDCP shall act as the booking agent for the eight (8) theaters of the CINE LOKAL. As booking agent, it shall be FDCP’s obligation to assign the schedule per day of “Film Title” during the week of exhibition. It is the right of FDCP to assign, change, and adjust “Film Title” and the other movies their theatrical runs in the eight (8) CINE LOKAL theaters as FDCP sees fit.
Marketing. FDCP shall also support the promotion of “FILM TITLE” through the following:
- DIGITAL MEDIA. Promotion across FDCP social media pages.
- PRESS RELEASE. Send out press releases to FDCP’s database of press and bloggers.
- Sales. FDCP shall submit to FILMMAKER a sales report of the screenings within a month after the scheduled run of the movie.
- Collections. FDCP shall collect from SM Lifestyle Entertainment, Inc. (SMLEI) through SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPHI) FILMMAKER and First Asia Realty Development Corp. (FARDC) the revenue sharing of FDCP and remit to FILMMAKER.
FILMMAKER’S shall provide the following:
- MARKETING COLLATERALS. Provide EIGHT (8) pieces of (19”X 24”) hard copy posters for special standees in SM Cinema lobbies.
- THEATER PLAYBACK. Provide EIGHT (8) flash drives containing the 30s DCP trailer with Cine Lokal end tag.
- (1) MINUTE FILM TRAILER (MP4 Format) with CINELOKAL END TAG. (Can be sent through E-mail.
- ON-GROUND EVENTS. Press conference/press junket, celebrity/special screening as part of promotional efforts. (OPTIONAL)